What is TCM Massage(Tuina) and what are the benefits?
TCM massage is a method of restoring or improving bodily functions by applying manipulations to specific parts of the body or cooperating with certain limb activities based on the theory of traditional Chinese medicine.
Traditional Chinese massage has a long history of more than 2,000 years. It is not an ordinary massage. The techniques are varied. In addition to relaxing muscles, promoting the circulation of qi and blood, eliminating fatigue, and relieving physical and mental stress, it also has the function of assisting in curing diseases. Surgery, gynecology, pediatrics, orthopedics and skin care and beauty can all be combined with massage to enhance the curative effect.
Principles of TCM Massage(Tuina) Auxiliary Treatment
1. Adjust the function of the viscera Most diseases are nothing more than the disorder of the function of the viscera. Tuina is the use of manipulation to make the function of the viscera out of balance. Return to normal to treat disease and strengthen health.
2. Unblocking the Qi and blood of the meridians Health depends on having abundant and unobstructed Qi and blood in the body, and the meridians are the routes of Qi and blood. Meridian Once the blockage occurs, the circulation of qi and blood will be blocked. Massage can eliminate the blockage of the meridians and restore the circulation of qi and blood through different manipulations. The line is smooth.
3. Relaxing the muscles, bones and joints Tuina manipulations are used for muscles to make them soft and elastic; for muscles and bones to strengthen muscles and bones; for joints It makes the joint movement dexterous.
The benefits of doing massage regularly:
1. Eliminate work fatigue, relieve physical and mental stress, and keep yourself in the best condition every day;
2. Health care and physical fitness, disease prevention, and make yourself energetic;
3. Adjuvant therapy, diseases especially suitable for massage include shoulder and neck pain, low back pain, acute lumbar sprain, frozen shoulder, lumbar disc herniation Symptoms include sciatica, headache, stomach pain, menstrual pain, gastroptosis, insomnia, and weakness of the spleen and stomach.
Warm reminder, if the guests have the following conditions, it is not suitable for massage therapy temporarily:
1. Early stage of fracture. If the fracture is accompanied by twisted tendons, you should wait for the bones to heal (usually 3 months) before starting massage to repair the tendons.
2. Undiagnosed fractures, strains, and injuries accompanied by neurological symptoms.
4. Acute joint sprain, acute soft tissue contusion, severe swelling.
5. Severe heart and lung disease.
6. Diseases with bleeding tendency.
7. The skin of the application site has damage or skin disease.
8. Although massage can help eliminate fatigue, it is not advisable to do massage, cupping and Scraping. Because the blood vessels of the body require a certain amount of physical strength, if the body receives massage under the condition of exhaustion and fatigue, it will consume more energy.
Tsim Sha Tsui Master Bone Clinic Pain Treatment Centre
中元堂(旺角醫舘)地址：九龍旺角西洋菜南街1A號百寶利商業中心11樓02及03室(港鐵旺角站E2出口或港鐵油麻地站A2出口) Mong Kok clinic address: Room 2 & 3, 11/F, Pakpolee Commercial Centre, 1A Sai Yeung Choi Street South, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong Google Map： https://maps.app.goo.gl/rF7jBw
此網站提供的資料只供參考，不構成任何醫療意見。有關個別病情的診斷及治療，請向專業醫生查詢。The information provided on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute any medical advice. For the diagnosis and treatment of individual conditions, please consult your doctor.